Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hairstyle - October 29, 2012

     It is better for hair to vary the style worn.  Wearing the same style day after day can stress the same sections of hair over and over, leading to damage and breakage.  Such damage can be seen as segments of hair that are becoming thinned, and which may have noticeable broken hairs.  A common example would be putting your hair in a ponytail everyday.  Eventually breakage will happen among the hairs regularly stressed by the hair band.  How fast will such damage occur?  That will depend on an individual's hair type.  Those with finer strands will likely sustain the most damage, and get it quicker.

     Unfortunately for me, I have a bad habit of wearing the same old quick bun every day.  The only way I ever get out of that rut is by posting daily hairstyles online.  Now, I may not have time to post every day, but I will try to do so frequently.  There are hundreds of style options I can choose from.

     Today I chose to do two equilibrium buns, held with hair pins.  The nice thing about an equilibrium bun is that it hides taper (taper is the hair getting thinner towards the hemline, it is completely natural, but in my case it is heavily exaggerated due to past health problems).  The problem with equilibrium buns is that they are harder to keep smooth and neat, at least for me and my wavy hair.  My double equilibrium buns came out a little messy.

Here is the photo (sorry about the poor lighting):


The following is a video demonstrating how to do an equilibrium bun:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted. Spam will be deleted.