Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

French Braid

     Today I did my hair into a French braid.  I personally find Dutch braids to be much easier to do, but I put in the extra effort and time to do a French braid today.  I chose this style because I was not sure if I would be sparring or not in martial arts class today, and I need a hairstyle that will fit under my protective gear if I need to wear it.

Here is a photo of my hair today:

     I first learned to French braid from the Dreamweaver website (French braid instructions).  Although, on my first try I accidentally brought the new sections under instead of over, and ended up with a Dutch braid.  I found it very hard to bring the sections over; my fingers seem to automatically want to bring the new sections under.

For the visual people, here is an instructional video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted. Spam will be deleted.