Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween Hairstyle

Sorry this post is so delayed.  I had a house guest coming, and was busy cleaning out and preparing my guest room, so I neglected my blogs.

For Halloween, of course, I had to do a hairstyle that was a little different to go with my costume.  It combined a dutch ribbon braid, a bun made with a ribbon braid, and a hair thing I bought in Japan.  I have a couple of photos below.  To see my complete costume, check this post.




To do this hairstyle, I started with a Dutch ribbon braid on my right temple, and braided around, gathering in new sections until I used about half of my hair.  Then I finished the braid without adding new sections and left it aside.

Next I gathered my remaining hair and made a high ponytail on the left side of my head.  I added two ribbons and ribbon braided the ponytail.  I left it aside, then took the previous braid, brought it around the front and pinned the ends under the start of the Dutch braid.  I left the extra ribbon length sticking out, and looped the longer portion up, and pinned it in place.  I attached the Japanese hair thing with a mini claw clip.

The final part of this hairstyle was to coil the high braid into a bun, and pin it in place with hairpins (this is a little harder to do with the ribbons getting in the way of the hairpins).  I was not careful to be neat with the hairstyle, because it was going to be dark out & I figured no one would notice anyway.



Here is a link for written instructions on how to Dutch braid:
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/dutch.htm

Here is a video tutorial for Dutch braiding:

Here is a video example for ribbon braiding (without a hair band/elastic):




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted. Spam will be deleted.