Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Backlog of Hairstyles

I finally got around to posting my Halloween Hairstyle, and now I am posting the hairstyles that I have worn so far in November.

The first day was a simple Dutch Braid:

Next was a double bun style:

Both of the buns in the above style are "Leia's Swirly Bun" buns.  They are a knot style bun, and can be variable in how they look, depending on what you do with the tail (the ends of your hair that extend from the knot).  I secured the bottom bun with hair pins and the top bun with a Flexi-8.

I did not take a photo every day.  There were a few days that were repeats, and a few days which were lazy, "cover it with a bandanna" days.  Moving on, the next different hairstyle that I did was a basic Chinese bun (the style done with a hair band/elastic):
I used a Ketylo hairstick for this bun.


Next was a slightly messy Dutch ribbon braid bun that I did (with three ribbons).  I secured the outer coil with small claw clips, which adds to the messy look with the ribbon tails:
(sorry about the quality on this one)

Yesterday I did a Japanese bun, with an elastic (starting with a ponytail, basically):
This picture was from the end of the day, so it is getting kind of messy, but that's fine with me.  I used a double ended Quattro hairstick for this bun.

Today I did a Pha bun, but I didn't bother to twist and tuck my ends, so it looks a bit messy:
I used a 60th Street hair fork for this bun.


As usual, I have included examples or tutorials below.  This time all are videos, so if you have a slow connection and/or very old computer, I apologize for so many embedded videos.

Dutch Braid (she does a nice job illustrating the difference between French and Dutch braids at the beginning of her video):

Leia's Swirly Bun:

Ribbon Braiding:

Japanese Bun (I could only find this video, I did not do the diamond variation, just the regular version):


Pha Bun:

:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted. Spam will be deleted.