Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Spidermom's Bun

I updated this post on November 27, 2012.  Only because it was done so quickly and was very short previously.

I don't do Spidermom's Bun very often, and I did find it harder to do with nearly waist length hair than I did with mid-thigh to knee length hair.  It is still a nice bun, and held well all day.  I took the picture in the evening, after it got a little messed up (caught on a rough board) while putting a few things in the attic. I used a 60th Street hair fork for this bun.

One thing to mention about buns, is that the length of hair an individual needs to do a specific bun will vary depending upon other factors regarding the individual's hair, particularly the thickness of the hair.  The thicker the hair, the longer it needs to be to do specific buns.  In my case, my hair when this photo was taken, was nearly waist length.  I am regrowing from massive shedding, and my regrowth only reached armpit length at that time.  So, my hair behaves like average thickness at the start of my bun, but behaves like thin hair as I go on in doing a bun (I hope that made at least a little bit of sense).  Most people have tapering in the thickness of their hair with increasing length, because hair is always shedding and regrowing.  My case, of an unusually large shed from health problems, and the resultant demarcation of regrowth, is not the norm.  My unusual situation is very visible in some hairstyles, but well hidden in others (I feel the Pha Bun hides it the best).



Here are instructions I found for Spidermom's Bun:


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted. Spam will be deleted.